Technical > Roo Man's Room

support bar cut out

<< < (3/4) > >>

dreracecar:
Wow, Never saw a Magnaflux booth that big that would handle an entire chassie before

BK:
I've had 2 powder coated chassis. And I will try to never have another.

FEDNV:

--- Quote from: BK on November 19, 2014, 03:10:21 PM ---I've had 2 powder coated chassis. And I will try to never have another.

--- End quote ---
Can you expand on your experiences?

JrFuel Hayden:
We have a powder-coated chassis since 2004, and it sure holds-up and looks great. Yes if any cracks show-up from tire shake, we had to grind the PC off where we needed to weld. Also if you are planning to media blast the PC off, in my experience that doesn't work, when we front halfed the chassis, so we just needed to strip the back-half. It just makes the coating mushy, so we had to use strong paint stripper. My powder-coater tried to just powder-coat over the old stuff that didn't work either. But we sure like the way our all orange chassis looks and doesn't chip easy. Our 1'st powder-coated chassis was in very good shape after 6 years, and the only reason we re-powder coated was we put new tubing from the motor forward  to go from 200" WB to 225" WB and set-it up to run our early Hemi or  SBC. One reason we went with orange PC is that is our team colors AND we can see any cracks easier, black chassis are hard to see any cracks. And of course allot of teams just leave the chassis bare, so they can rust ?

Jon 

FEDNV:
Jon thanks for the response.  My friend and I looked your car over at the Hot Rod Reunion and it really is a beautiful car and the attention to detail really impressed me.  The only real negatives I have heard from people is the crack issue with powder coating.  My frame is currently painted and looks to be the original color from when it was built in the early 90's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version