Technical > Roo Man's Room

engine height

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cajuninjector:
We run a strange 12 bolt drop out in our current Jr Fueler. Bolts up in a 9" housing but that doesnt mean you can throw one in and it's going to work. Pinion location is much higher than the 9". It is 8-10 pounds lighter than the 9" and 3% more efficient.

wideopen231:
Cajun whats weight.You could always call Parks and get one of his titainium pieces they are pretty too,the 8500 bucks means they better be pretty. Will not chage power to turn but it will be lite.
 Im using strange bolt thru aluminum with cut down gears and drilled axles to get weight down on mine.

Cajuninjector:
For 8500 it better do more than look pretty! Our money goes toward rotating weight reduction and not static weight cus we're already light. It would be stupid to invest in lightweight parts and have to add it back in lead. I'm looking to free up the motor as much as possible.

H.G. Wells:
Parks makes some very cool stuff.  His theory is that if they use enough super light parts they can add the weight back in where it does the most good.  Remember they also run small displacment motors and spin the xxxx out of them, so in a class where it is lbs per ci weight is a big deal.
I was in his shop when they were taking apart a pair of rear wheels and replacing the bolts with titanium.  And they do win alot.

rooman:
Frank, Scott and Susan have been friends since I went to their shop in 1999 with Brad Hadman to repair Gary Scelzi's top fuel car after he wrecked it at Topeka. When they came to Indy for the GoodGuys events they quite often worked out of my shop when they needed to. I source quite a few components from them for my builds.

Roo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version