Classifieds (Please No Dealers) > Wanted to buy

Blower for SBC

<< < (2/3) > >>

BK:
Is the stock SBC OD. an issue if you use two keys?

George:
Yes it is. We built a BBC OD hub to fit the SBC crank and built a support for it .

Van:
I have everything needed. I have 3  671's all just built by Moneyham, a new blower manifold, everything is full polished, I even have a new 3.750 stroke crank with a Hemi snout & I have the blower hub. If you are seriously looking call me, just PM me & I will send my PH # Also I have a large selection of 1/2 pitch pulleys & belts. Idlers too.

BK:
In my search for a blower I've run into a really good deal on a new Wiend 6-71 kit. Because of the motor I'm only looking for a few pounds of boost. But I'm sure there are reasons why you don't see them raced. So I have questions and would like input.
Any chance it will stay together Bracket racing?
Will the raw aluminum case and rotors be OK with the fuel? I plan on putting all the fuel (alcohol) in at the hat (Bug Catcher).
It has straight rotors. Will they make any boost and hold up to maybe 7,000 RPM at the blower? 
Would the straight rotors tend to spread the air out more even than the twisted rotors?
The motor is a stock block 355. Steel GM crank. Steel H beam rods. SRP pistons. Compression will be between 11 and 12 to 1. Brownfield heads with 207cc intakes ports. I may need to rethink the 108 lobe sep. on the cam.

dreracecar:
Not that good of an idea. A race blower is set up and clearenced by someone who knows what he is doing. Set up wrong and without hard anodizing and high speed balencing, if the rotors were to touch each other they would gaul and transfer metal between them and create seriuos problems. They can get away with that on the street because the OD persentage is low, not in boost mode for the majority of time and that gasoline acts as a lubricant, My feeling is that it is a recipe for disaster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version