Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

(1/3) > >>

Brian:
Howdy all!  THis is my first post here, just and introduction.  I'm building a 180"FED.  I bought the chassis tacked from John Worm and I finished welded it.  Everything is done but the motor.  I have a 302 chevy that I want to use.  It is the motor may dad used in his D gasser in the late 60's.  I have a Hilborn injection unit that I want to use with alcohol.  I'm having a hard time finding a piston that will make 13:1 with 64cc heads.  I know, I could alot faster for less money using a 350 block.  Its sentimental. 
Anyway, its great to see a forum like this one and i look forward to the tips and stories.
Brian.

GlennLever:
Welcome.

You have two great resources here to help you with your build.

Spud Miller for the ignition and fuel delievery, see Spud Miller's Cave under Technical

And Matt Shaff for your pistion questions, see Matt Shaff's Engine Shop under technical

We are here for you, use us.

denverflatheader:
Cool.  I'm sure your father's smiling.  Is it 283 or 327 block?   

Blind Mule:
I;m building one with a 302 base Ford (331) I ran in a door car with alky carb so I say go for it  ;)

Brian:
Its a 302DZ block and fuelie heads.  The heads were ported by local builder/racer Sam Gianino. I am shooting for 500hp.  This is my first time using alcohol.  i have used racing gas for many years in door slammers.  I feel like i am starting all over with alcohol.
Thanks for the feedback!
Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version